According to Merriam Webster, bucket list is “a list of things that one has not done before but wants to do before dying.”
I don’t know that I’ve ever thought about writing a bucket list but after the recent 2017 Academy Awards I think I just might. One of my favorite moments during the show was when Seth Rogen came out with Michael J. Fox. Seth talked about his bucket list and said he was at the Oscars with Michael J. Fox, a DeLorean while wearing future shoes and that all he would have to do is sing the Schuyler sisters song from Hamilton and he would have completed his entire bucket list. Yep, then he busted out a snippet of the song with Michael J. Fox. Was any of that stuff truly on his bucket list? Who knows but I would say getting out of a DeLorean with Marty McFly..I mean Michael J. Fox would be pretty darn cool.
So it got me to thinking…what would be on MY bucket list? Here is my list of ten items in no particular order and only a half belief that some of them will actually happen. HA!
- Travel to Italy. It used to be Paris but since I actually got to make that come true TWICE. On my Honeymoon and with my family and my mom for HER bucket list so I feel very Blessed but I have always wanted to travel to Italy too.
- Be one of the Haunted Mansion dancers in the Boo to You parade during Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. Yes, I understand that I have no dancing skills whatsoever, HOWEVER what I do lack in dancing skills, I make up for in PASSION. It should also be noted that I only need to dance in ONE of the performances in the Boo To You Parade, not every show, every night during the Halloween run. See, I’m super flexible.
- Run a half marathon. I’m not even dreaming big like a FULL marathon. That’s mostly because I don’t run AT ALL…so there’s that. A full marathon would be SO out of the question. That being said, someday I would like to do at least a half marathon, more really so I can get one of those stickers for the back of my car that says. .12 or is it .13? Wait, how long is a full marathon again? Like 26 miles right? I dunno. Eeeeek. So yes, .13, that’s the sticker I want. I guess I could just go buy the sticker anyway…it’s not like the marathon police are gonna come after me!
- Visit all of the Walt Disney theme parks. There are six and crazy enough luck has it that I’ve been to three, so I have three to go. Tokyo Disney Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland Resort and the new Shanghai Disney Resort.
- Live in a tiny home. My husband and I joke about this all of the time but it probably won’t be until our daughters are fully grown and out of the house. Ha!
- Go on a mission trip with one of my daughters.
- Be in a music video. Preferably a back-up dancer in it, however refer to #2.
- Jump out of an airplane. Just kidding. I have ZERO interest in doing that. Ever. ZERO. Plus, I’m deathly afraid of heights.
- Travel cross country with the fam in an RV.
So there ya go, I think I’ll leave #10 blank…on purpose. That’s almost ten things on my bucket list. I feel like the best way to do a bucket list though really, is to keep adding things to it. That way, even if you do end up doing everything on your bucket list, it’s never fully completed. So you can keep dreaming, keep having super memorable life experiences and keep reaching for the stars.
What’s on YOUR bucket list?
XO Surviving Mommy