Disclosure: I was invited to attend the opening night of Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween party at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. As always, opinions are my own.
I remember our first Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party two years ago. It was one of the most fun things our family has done at Walt Disney World. In case you didn’t know…our family loves a good costume. Well, let me be clear…IIIII love a good costume and my family just really loves me! But seriously, you HAVE to see our costumes from our first Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween in 2016. (Click HERE!) Last year, we went again and as a family dressed up as the characters from Inside Out! Then, my husband surprised me on a date night for my birthday last October and said we could do any couple costume I wanted, so we went as a young Carl and Ellie from the Disney Pixar movie UP! Another fun year at Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party.
This year on opening night of Mickey’s Not-So-Scary-Halloween Party, just my husband Eric and I went so I could cover all of the fun, food, merchandise and special offerings to share with you including on my weekly Coffee Convo Wednesday show. Speaking of, if you guys aren’t following me on Instagram, click here and check out my Insta stories from Mickey’s #NotSoScary. SO fun! And if you missed this week’s Coffee Convo Wednesday show, watch below for your chance to win a super fun Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party prize! (Hurry…ends midnight 8/28/18)
So what IS Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party? It’s a special ticketed event on select nights through Halloween (10/31) at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. For more information, dates and to purchase tickets, go here ASAP because tickets do sell out some nights and the price increases as you get closer to Halloween. Opening night was last Friday August 17 (the earliest it’s ever been) and celebrating Fall and Halloween LAST Friday night was A-OK with me because I am so READY for Fall! We will also be attending as a family on another night so that we can do our 2018 family Halloween costume and I can’t WAIT for you all to see it! Let’s just say it’s not so very scary! 😉
Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween highlights for me:
- The Mickey’s Boo To You Halloween Parade. I don’t consider myself a parade person but this one is a must-do for me because it really is that much fun! Catch it two times nightly and arrive early to grab a good seat! (The Haunted Mansion Ballroom dancers are my absolute favorite part. Partly because I not-so-secretly want to be one of these Haunted Mansion Ballroom dancers for one night. #Bucket List ) And the Boo To You song?? Let’s just say…we’re still singing this catchy song come SPRING!
- The Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular! It’s Hocus Pocus…need I say more? Three times nightly.
- The Spooky treats. Super yummy desserts like Pumpkin Cheesecake available at the Main Street Bakery and the delicious (with a little kick) Hades Nachos at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn and Café (both available on party nights only). Plus so many more!
- The Halloween merchandise. Did you SEE my new Hocus Pocus coffee mug in this week’s Coffee Convo Wednesday? So many fun things you will want to Halloween shop til’ you drop!
- The attractions! Make sure to ride Space Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean and Mad Tea Party on party nights! They’ve added some special enhancements to these three attractions and that’s all I’m gonna say!
Plus special characters you might not see during the rest of the year, the Happy HalloWishes fireworks show, trick-or-treating (as in YES, you get free candy and they have safe, allergy-friendly options too) and the best and cutest Disney Halloween decorations all over the Magic Kingdom!
So what are you waiting for? Get to Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party before October 31 and have a boo-tiful time!